WSTA TRAC/TAAC Application
WSTA’s Transit Riders Advisory Committee/Trans-AID Advisory Committee (TRAC/TAAC) will help WSTA improve transit services and programs by advising WSTA’s transit staff, and Board of Directors. The committee’s role is to provide feedback regarding issues relating to the quantity and quality of fixed route and paratransit services. Each member will receive a monthly bus pass for their service on the Committee.
The committee is comprised of 11 citizens from the local community. Four of the members represent community partner-agencies who work with public transit users; which serve through appointment by the WSTA Board. The remaining 7 members must apply to serve on the Committee. These members are riders who use public transportation (defined by at least two trips per-week on WSTA’s fixed route system or a minimum of 4 trips per-month on Trans-AID, with diverse geographic representation:
• 1 representative from Winston-Salem’s west side
• 1 representative from Winston-Salem’s north side
• 1 representative from Winston-Salem’s south side
• 1 representative from Winston-Salem’s east side
• 3 paratransit riders from the community
Terms of Service:
• Each member will be required to attend regularly and cannot miss more than 2 excused meetings per year.
• Terms of service will be staggered with a mix of 1 and 2 year terms to ensure seamless continuity.
• Members will not serve more than six consecutive years.
• Former members cannot reapply for 2 years after they have transitioned off the Committee.
If you’re interested in becoming a TRAC/TAAC member, submit your application by April 30, 2021 to:
100 West Fifth Street
W-S, NC 27101
Email the application and information to firstname.lastname@example.org